The skies over Hawaii are like something you’d read about in a fairytale but those same fairytale skies just took a turn towards the unknown. Multiple accounts were taken from onlookers who felt they were seeing something strange in the Oahu skies . Residents called 911 after witnessing a mysterious blue object moving over Oahu. The large, glowing mass appeared around 8:30 p.m. and was caught on video as it quietly moved through the sky. One of the witnesses was a woman named Moriah, who told a local news crew (Hawaii News Now) that she isn’t a believer in U̳F̳O̳s, but was so baffled by what she saw that she and her family decided to follow it.
- An unidentified flying object spotted in the evening sky over Leeward Oahu prompted witnesses to call 911 on Tuesday.
- The sighting happened about 8:30 p.m.
- There are multiple videos of what appears to be a glowing‚ oblong mass — both in the sky and in the water.
- The Federal Aviation Administration say there were no aircraft incidents or accidents in this area at the time. But multiple witnesses reported seeing a large blue object fall out of the sky and into the ocean.
- In a one video a woman can be heard saying, “Something is in the sky. What is that?”
- Misitina Sape told Hawaii News Now she captured the image at 8:26 p.m. near Haleakala Avenue in Nanakuli.
- Not long after, a woman named Moriah spotted what looked like the same object passing over Princess Kahanu Estates.
Witness Account of the I̳n̳c̳i̳d̳e̳n̳t̳-
“I look up and then I was like oh s***!,” she said. “I started calling my husband and them because they were all in the garage. I was like hey. Come look up there. See if you see what I see. They all said yea!”
Moriah, a 38-year-old woman residing in the area, says she’s never really been a believer in U̳F̳O̳s, but the bright blue object had them so intrigued they jumped in the car and started following it. She went on to say:
“I don’t know what it was,” she said. “This one was going so fast.”
The journey ended less than three miles from where it began. She says they stopped the car on Farrington Highway in front of the Board of Water Supply building after the object appeared to drop into the ocean.
In one video Moriah captured you can hear her say,
“It went land in the water. Whatever it is.”
She described it as being larger than a telephone pole and says she never heard it make any sound.
“We called 911,” Moriah said, “For have like one cop or somebody for come out and come check them out.”
While officers were on scene Moriah says they spotted a second light.
“My husband went look up and he seen the white one coming,” she said. “The white one was smaller. Was coming in the same direction as the blue one.”
They lost sight of the object after it passed over a nearby mountain. Thursday morning we asked Honolulu police if investigators figured out what fell in the water. A spokesperson told us they didn’t have any information. Meanwhile, FAA spokesperson Ian Gregor said the agency received a report from police Tuesday night about a possible plane down in the area “but had no aircraft disappear off radars. And no reports of overdue or missing aircraft.”
Although Moriah’s had a couple days to think about it, she says she’s still baffled by what she saw.
“To this day I don’t know,” she said laughing. “If you guys can find out what it was, I like know, you know?”