THE A̳r̳e̳a̳ 51 raid will go ahead on September 20, unless a list of demands from ‘truth seekers’ are met by the US government.
A Facebook group which has now garnered an astonishing two million attendees has encouraged users to “storm A̳r̳e̳a̳ 51” on September 20 to uncover any potential a̳l̳i̳e̳n̳ secrets. The description reads: “We will all meet up at the A̳r̳e̳a̳ 51 A̳l̳i̳e̳n̳ Center tourist attraction and coordinate our entry. If we naruto run, we can move faster than their bullets. Let’s see them a̳l̳i̳e̳n̳s.” The event was initially treated as a joke, but the more attention it has received, the more serious it has become.
Now, a group of ‘truth seekers’ claim the raid will go ahead, unless a list of demands are met.
A man named Joe Macias who heads a group of “independent U̳F̳O̳ research members based in Illinois” detailed what needs to be done to prevent almost two million people turning up to the top secret military base in Nevada.
Mr Macias said in an email to Express.co.uk: “We are dedicated to this event that has gained international attention, and we are determined by any means necessary to meet these demands.
“The principles of freedom which founded this country shall inform the American public of previously unknown truths.”
Mr Macias has given three demands, which state the “government and A̳r̳e̳a̳ 51 military base acknowledge the existence of U̳F̳O̳ spacecrafts and e̳x̳t̳r̳a̳t̳e̳r̳r̳e̳s̳t̳r̳i̳a̳l̳ a̳l̳i̳e̳n̳s”.
The second demand is “that secret classified information about e̳x̳t̳r̳a̳t̳e̳r̳r̳e̳s̳t̳r̳i̳a̳l̳ a̳l̳i̳e̳n̳s become available to the public to officially uncover a̳l̳i̳e̳n̳ conspiracies shrouded in mystery.”
Finally: “We demand that the government and A̳r̳e̳a̳ 51 military base improve relations and establish an inhabitable co-existence with the public, e̳x̳t̳r̳a̳t̳e̳r̳r̳e̳s̳t̳r̳i̳a̳l̳ a̳l̳i̳e̳n̳s, and the US government.”
Although the Facebook event is meant to be humorous, US military is not taking any chances in protecting the top secret base.
Air Force spokeswoman Laura McAndrews said: “A̳r̳e̳a̳ 51 is an open training range for the US Air Force, and we would discourage anyone from trying to come into the area where we train American armed forces.
“The US Air Force always stands ready to protect America and its assets.”
The event is set to take place on September 20, but if previous attempts are anything to go by, the public should steer well clear of the military base.
On January 28, an unnamed man drove through a security checkpoint at Mercury, some 70 miles north of Las Vegas, as he attempted to get into A̳r̳e̳a̳ 51.
A car chase quickly ensued for eight miles, when the suspect exited his car and approached Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) officers with a “cylindrical object” in hand, according to an NNSS statement.
The man failed to adhere to officers’ requests to stop, and was promptly shot dead at the scene.
However, organisers of the page have insisted the event is a joke, and have no plans on storming A̳r̳e̳a̳ 51.
Facebook user Jackson Barnes wrote in the discussion page: “Hello US government, this is a joke, and I do not actually intend to go ahead with this plan.
“I just thought it would be funny and get me some thumbsy uppies on the Internet. I’m not responsible if people decide to actually storm area 51.”
A̳r̳e̳a̳ 51 has been used by American aviation authorities since 1955 and is closed off to those without top-level security clearance.
However, the US government did not even admit the base existed until 2013, in a series of documents released as part of a Freedom of Information request, and it is heavily protected by armed guards.